Welcome to Arizona's Anime Board
Welcome to the new massive rewrite of the website and forums. We hope you guys like it :) Note: We are still working on the layout of the site, so a lot of stuff may change in the future.

Menu
Home
Message Board
Boardrules
Help
Search
Members
Groups
Calendar

Random Pic

Mics
Vote for Arizona's Anime Board at Top Site List Planet
Top Site Lists

.:Bulletin Boards:.

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

» Should I get a Chromebook?

Should I get one?
Yes [ 2 ]  [100.00%]
No [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Get a real computer [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2

Quote Post

I need laptop for school and the cheapest one is a Chromebook. I know you can do word, excel and powerpoint right from the browser but should I save a little more and get the Dell Inspiron over the Chromebook?
Mini ProfilePM
 ^
Quote Post

The chromebook depends on the internet to work and everything is through the browser except certain apps that you can download through the chrome's webstore. I have the first gen HP 14-Inch chromebook and I absolutely love it //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wub.gif
Mini ProfilePMUsers Website
 ^
Quote Post

Did you decided yet?
 ^
Quote Post

I borrowed my friends Chromebook this weekend and so far it does everything I need it to but it sucks that is doesn't have a real word processor. The version Google offers gets the job done but it lacks in a lot stuff. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif however I do like it.
Mini ProfilePM
 ^
Quote Post

Ya the office suite kinda sucks but it does work for some people. I think Office 365 has a web base version of it? You would have to look it up tho. I know that Thinkfree is back and has a nice office suite, you should try them.
 ^
Quote Post

Ya Office 365 does have a web version but I think you have to have the 365 subscription to access it. I've never heard of thinkfree, is it good?
Mini ProfilePM
 ^
Quote Post

QUOTE (Koga @ May 29 2017, 01:58 AM)
I think you have to have the 365 subscription to access it.

Just found out that you don't need it you just have to have an outlook email account. https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx

QUOTE (Koga @ May 29 2017, 01:58 AM)
I've never heard of thinkfree, is it good?

I've left a link to Thinkfree on the post just click it. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
 ^
Quote Post

QUOTE (Etrix @ May 29 2017, 01:35 AM)
Just found out that you don't need it you just have to have an outlook email account. https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx

Wow. Thanks this might replace the office suite Google offers. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif
Mini ProfilePM
 ^
Quote Post

This forum thread has been closed
 ^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Polls | Next Newest »

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll